Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interview: Danny McGuire

Friday 20th June 2008.

Leeds Rhinos 12-26 St Helens
Super League Round 18
Headingley Carnegie Stadium, Leeds

It was a disappointing result today and you’ve now suffered two defeats on the bounce; can you now pick yourselves up for the rest of the season?

I think we’ve got to, to be honest. It had been a disappointing couple of performances but tonight we were in it for periods before we got a man sent off.
We’re not going to beat ourselves up about it too much but we’ve got to look forward and look ahead to Castleford on Saturday and make sure we get back on track.
We don’t just become a bad team overnight but we have some errors that we need to work on and we’ll keep trying hard.

There’s England vs. France coming up; are you hoping to be selected for the game?

It would be nice to get picked but I’m not too sure what will happen so I’ve got to keep my fingers crossed but there are a few quality players vying for the same position as mine and I’ll be ready if selected.

You’ve signed a new contract with the club for an extra five years; are you pleased to be staying as the club for your whole rugby league career?

Yes, I’m really happy and I’m settled at the club being a Leeds lad as well.
I’ve got my family and friends around me so I’m happy at the club and enjoying my rugby with a successful team with some famous players.
I hope the success can continue in the future and we can keep winning and performing well.

Finally, there’s the World Cup to think about as well and you’re competing for the number six shirt with your opposing player today, Leon Price?

I’m hopeful of getting in the squad but it’s all about performing well throughout the season and making the selectors notice you.
We’ve been playing well this season but Leon’s probably got the jump on the shirt before me and that’s well deserved as he’s playing outstanding but it’s a long time to go before the squad is selected and so I’ll be in with a chance if I keep performing well until then.

Shamoon Hafez

No comments:

Post a Comment