Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interview: Clinton Toopi

Friday 11th July 2008

Leeds Rhinos 46-8 Huddersfield Giants
Super League Round 21
Headingley Carnegie Stadium, Leeds

Does it feel good to be back?

Yes, definitely. It was a good win at home and I am happy I came through all right and the boys got back on track.


You were able to play the full game?

Yes I played the 80 minutes but was only originally planning to play 60.

We had a lot of the ball so didn’t have to do too much and was glad to get through the whole game.


Does the shoulder feel ok?

Yes, I wanted to get in there and test it out to see how it was and to cope with things. I hit the line a couple of times and it felt ok so all in all a good run out.


Recuperation wise; what have you been doing for the five months that you have been out?

I have been doing a lot of shoulder rehab. I started with getting some movement back before moving on to stabilising it and we progressed on weights; being able to cope with it at different angles and different weights. We then moved onto contact to see I came through and it all paid off and now I want to continue on each week.


Finally, it’s a good time to come back especially with the semi final coming up?

Definitely. At least I can get a couple of games in before the semi final against Saints but I don’t want to look too far ahead.
We’ve got a tough game against the Catalans who are in contention for the top spot so have to be on our game when we travel to France. They haven’t lost many at home but we’ll be up for it.

Shamoon Hafez

No comments:

Post a Comment